This section of the site discusses general topics in API development and delves into some of the fundamental components of the CT API.
Start by learning about an important decision you’ll have to make as your first step to integrating with Colorado Timberline so you can select the most appropriate Binding Approach for your site.
Am I in the right place?
Some people want to know if this API integration even makes sense for them. If you’re unsure whether or not API integration is for you, here are some questions you can ask yourself that will help determine the answer
What is an API?
In the context of the Web, an API is a mechanism whereby one or more sites communicate programmatically. Have a look on wikipedia for a more in depth explanation.
API Feasibility Questionnaire
Not for me
- You have a small staff (and little to no I.T. staff)
- You don’t have an existing website
- You want to start selling products to end users immediately
You probably would prefer our end-to-end online store platform instead and should contact a CT sales rep regarding that solution.
API is the way to go
- Unsatisfied with Web Store feature set
- Have or willing to pay for I.T. labor
- Have an existing site you would like to seamlessly integrate CT merchandise into
- Would like to use CT as a fulfillment center for your current merchandise offerings